2023 Best Lawyers in America
Craig M. Brooks
Jessica A. Ellel
David J. Fasulo
Gary J. Gunnett
John D. Houston II
Alan S. Miller
Anthony P. Picadio
Henry M. Sneath
Heidi Rai Stewart
Alex W. Thomson
2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America
Corey A. Bauer
Jaclyn E. Faulds
Brendan A. O’Donnell
Jake S. Oresick
Amber L. Reiner Skovdal
Houston Harbaugh, P.C. is pleased to announce that 15 lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession,” said Best Lawyers CEO Phillip Greer. “We are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide.”
Best Lawyers has earned the respect of the profession, the media and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Lawyers on the Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Houston Harbaugh, P.C. would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to the 2023 Best Lawyers in America list:
- Craig M. Brooks – Employment Law – Individuals and Labor Law – Management
- Jessica A. Ellel – Health Care Law
- David J. Fasulo – Real Estate Law
- Gary J. Gunnett – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- John D. Houston II – Health Care Law
- Alan S. Miller – Energy Law, Environmental Law, Insurance Law, Litigation – Environmental, and Litigation – Insurance*
- Anthony P. Picadio – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Antitrust, Litigation – Environmental, Litigation – Securities, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Henry M. Sneath – Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants, Legal Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Heidi Rai Stewart – Elder Law and Trusts and Estates
- Alex W. Thomson – Corporate Law
* In addition to being listed in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, attorney Alan S. Miller was recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation – Insurance.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity.
Best Lawyers also recognizes associates and other lawyers who are earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
Houston Harbaugh, P.C. is pleased to announce that 5 lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America.
“Best Lawyers was founded with the purpose of recognizing extraordinary lawyers in private practice through an exhaustive peer-review process,” said CEO of Best Lawyers Phillip Greer. “More than 40 years later, we are proud to expand our scope, while maintaining the same methodology, to recognize a different demographic of talented and deserving lawyers with ‘Ones to Watch’ recognitions.”
Houston Harbaugh, P.C. would like to congratulate the following lawyers recognized in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America:
- Corey A. Bauer – Commercial Litigation
- Jaclyn E. Faulds – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, and Real Estate Law
- Brendan A. O’Donnell – Oil and Gas Law
- Jake S. Oresick – Environmental Law and Insurance Law
- Amber L. Reiner Skovdal – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants