Shannon L. Crew
An attorney in the Estates and Trusts Group, Shannon counsels individuals in estate planning and estate administration. Her experience includes drafting both basic and sophisticated estate plan documents as appropriate, including:
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Revocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs)
- Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs)
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGTs)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Special Needs Trusts
- Non-judicial Settlement Agreements
Shannon helps clients develop and implement estate plans with customized documents, tax strategies and beneficiary designations related to insurance policies and retirement assets.
In addition, her practice involves the preparation of Federal Gift Tax Returns, Crummey withdrawal notices and the administration of decedents’ estates, including the filing of related Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax and Federal Estate Tax Returns.
Shannon represents people at various stages of life including parents of minor children, individuals having a family member with special needs, adults who have never been married, are divorced, have a blended family, are married with no children or grown children or are widowed.
Clients include executives, professionals, business owners and retirees as well as individuals serving in fiduciary roles under another’s estate plan document.
Education & Credentials
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D. With Honors, Member of the Order of the Coif and University of Pittsburgh Law Review
- Washington and Jefferson College , B.A. With Highest Honor, Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania