Associate Attorney, Business Litigation
Business/Insurance/IP/Employment Litigation Associate Attorney(s) needed ASAP for exciting trial-based practice in these diverse areas. We are looking to hire a full-time litigation attorney for one or more of these areas: insurance coverage, bad faith and defense litigation; business litigation; IP infringement litigation; and employment/trade secret litigation work. Applicant must be licensed at minimum in Pennsylvania and we would prefer someone living in the Western Pennsylvania region. Some deposition, motions, oral argument and/or courtroom experience will be considered favorably. Good writing skills required. Excellent training, mentoring and benefits will be provided (healthcare insurance, life insurance, 401(k), monthly technology budget, indoor on-site parking pass etc.) and flexible work arrangements can be discussed.
- Assist lead attorneys in handling all aspects of litigation, including:
- research, writing, drafting pleadings and dispositive motions;
- Drafting and answering discovery requests and discovery responses;
- Participating in, or administering large document database management, review and coding, and document production when needed on complex cases;
- Preparing for, taking and/or participating in depositions;
- Presenting motions and arguments in court;
- Substantial client contacts and engagement with litigation teams on complex cases;
- Assisting in all aspects of strategy, development and preparation for hearings, agency tribunal proceedings and participation in trials.
- Law licensure in Pennsylvania at minimum.
- 2 - 6+ years experience in some or all practice areas of insurance coverage or defense and bad faith litigation, business litigation, IP infringement litigation, employment and trade secrets litigation or cybersecurity and data breach in support or lead roles preferred.
- Need strong, high level research and writing skills and good understanding of Pennsylvania state and federal law and litigation rules and strategies.
- Strong consideration will be given to those with insurance coverage, defense and bad faith litigation experience. Knowledge of IP, trade secrets, employment law are helpful.
- Experience in helping senior lawyers with hearing, trial and courtroom preparation and other litigation and document management support is a plus.
Applications or inquiries about this full-time position should be directed to Mark E. Hill as follows:
Mark E. Hill
Chief Operating Officer
Associate Attorney, Oil and Gas Practice
Houston Harbaugh, P.C. is a law firm located in downtown Pittsburgh and has 40 lawyers and 33 non-lawyer staff. The firm was founded in 1975 and has earned and enjoyed a great reputation as one of the best places to work in Pittsburgh. The firm has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Attorney, Oil & Gas, as defined below. This is an excellent opportunity for an associate-level attorney desiring regular client interaction and significant responsibility in a team-oriented environment.
- Assist other attorneys in their representation of landowners who have oil & gas leases
- Conduct title searches, including knowing where to go and how to do a title search with little supervision
- Run chains of titles
- Edit title opinions
- Conduct searches and filings in various counties’ Recorder offices
- Conduct electronic searches
- Some travel required
- Brief Writing
- Motion Practice
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience and licensed as an attorney in Pennsylvania
- Experience working independently with little supervision
- Superior organizational skills
- Able to manage a calendar
- Ambitious and enjoy doing this work
- Familiarity with procedures and personnel in various counties’ recorder offices
- Familiarity with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet programs as well as related electronic business software programs
- Interested in growing with a growing legal practice
- Experience working in an environment where tasks must be completed urgently
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible hybrid work schedule available
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, firm-paid downtown parking pass
- Compensation package based on candidate qualifications and experience
Mark E. Hill, Chief Operating Officer, 412-288-2259, please e-mail resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org