Christopher M. Jacobs
A litigation attorney, Christopher focuses his practice on the areas of business litigation, insurance bad faith and insurance coverage.
Christopher’s business litigation practice involves an array of commercial matters, including breach of contract litigation, trade secret misappropriation and DTSA matters, trademark infringement, and disputes involving the sale of goods under UCC Article 2 and the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods (“CISG”). Christopher’s experience in international commercial litigation and arbitration matters involves issues surrounding service of process and the taking of evidence pursuant to the protocols of the Hague Convention.
In his insurance bad faith litigation practice, Christopher has served as counsel for major national insurers in actions involving construction defect claims, latent and progressive injury claims, long-tail environment exposure claims, disputed uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, first-party property losses, and excess verdicts. Christopher’s insurance coverage practice involves the preparation of coverage opinions and analyses in matters involving reservation of rights, disclaimer of coverage, examinations under oath, declaratory judgments, rescission, and extracontractual exposure.
Christopher is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Insurance Committees of DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies and the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, where he is a frequent speaker on key insurance law developments and insurance bad faith in Pennsylvania.
- Former President, Board of Directors, North Allegheny School District
- Former Board Member, McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority
Education & Credentials
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D., Research Editor of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Certificate in International & Comparative Law, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna Austria
- University of Richmond, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of Ohio
- State of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia