Matt Lautman is a trial attorney focusing on business, construction, collections, and probate, estate and trust litigation matters. Matt routinely represents his clients in both federal and state court, along with private arbitration and mediation.
As part of his business litigation practice, Matt frequently handles breach of contract claims, tort litigation claims, mass tort claims, non-competition/ non-solicitation matters, and shareholder disputes. As part of his construction law practice, Matt frequently represents architects and engineers in design defect cases, and assists all his construction clients, including design professionals, contractors, and suppliers in filing, when applicable, mechanic’s lien claims or making claims through the CASPA and the PPA.
As part of his creditor’s rights practice, Matt consults with clients about their overall credit process and contracting documents. In this capacity, he seeks to improve efficiencies and develop practices and procedures that may increase the likelihood of payment or collection. He also pursues, when necessary, claims in court for his clients to recover money owed for goods provided or services rendered. Matt routinely represents companies in adversary actions, including preference claims and fraudulent transfer claims.
In addition, Matt frequently represents individuals in probate, estate and trust litigation matters in orphans’ court. This work involves matters such as defending claims against an estate/ trust, beneficiaries contesting wills and trusts, and principals and interested parties seeking accountings of the actions of an agent with a power or attorney.
Education & Credentials
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D., Class President
- Slippery Rock University, B.A.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia