Matt is a trial attorney focusing on business litigation, construction litigation, and probate, estate and trust litigation matters. Matt represents his clients in both federal and state court, along with private arbitration and non-binding mediation.
As part of his business litigation practice, Matt handles breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, tort claims (including personal injury and property damage), fraud/misrepresentation, real estate disputes, and non-competition/ non-solicitation matters. As part of his construction law practice, Matt represents architects and engineers in design defect cases. Matt also represents clients in delay damage claims, wrongful termination matters, mechanic’s lien claims, along with claims involving the Pennsylvania Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act and the Prompt Payment Act.
In addition, Matt represents individuals in probate, estate and trust litigation matters. This work involves representing executors, trustees, beneficiaries and agents in an array of matters, including removal proceedings, will contests, surcharge matters, accounting, and claims of breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation.
Education & Credentials
- University of Pittsburgh, J.D., Class President
- Slippery Rock University, B.A.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia