Houston Harbaugh’s Real Estate attorneys have extensive experience working with local, regional, and national businesses, commercial developers, investors and individuals to achieve their objectives in commercial real estate. Our clients span diverse sectors ranging from service industries and health and medicine to manufacturing and recycling. We assist our clients with a broad range of real estate issues ranging from the purchase of investment property, development of raw ground, sale of residential and commercial properties, to the leasing of office space to the purchase, operation and sale of shopping malls, office complexes, and residential and multi-use commercial developments.
We have advised our clients on commercial leasing issues and have represented both landlords and tenants in connection with drafting and negotiation of office, retail, and industrial leases.
The service and advice we provide includes:
- Purchase and Sale
- Entity Structuring
- Due Diligence
- Financing and Refinancing
- Title and Survey Review
- Closing Assistance
- Environmental Compliance and Remediation
- Zoning and Land Use
We have extensive experience with ground-up development including zoning and land use planning issues, negotiation of utility and access easements, development agreements, construction and construction financing, preparation of planned community documents including declarations of covenants, conditions and restrictions for large shopping centers and mixed-use developments, as well as formation and documentation of condominium and homeowners associations under the Pennsylvania Uniform Condominium Act and Uniform Planned Community Act.
Once all parties are ready to proceed to closing, we will coordinate with buyers, sellers, lenders and their respective counsel, along with the title company, to ensure all necessary documents are executed, delivered and exchanged on time.
With our years of experience, we have developed and cultivated contacts and relationships with various real estate professionals, including surveyors, engineers, inspectors, title companies and lenders, to assist you in making an informed and educated decision with regard to your real estate transaction.
We can work with your accounting professional to determine the best entity structure for the most beneficial tax treatment and liability protection in connection with your real estate investment. Once the best entity structure is determined for your circumstances and desires, we can form the entity, obtain an EIN and draft the applicable governing documents.
Contact Our Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Today
For more information about how we can assist you meet your goals and objectives with commercial real estate and leasing transactions, contact our commercial real estate attorneys at 412-281-5060 or send an e-mail by completing the contact form on this website.
- Representation of a commercial developer in the acquisition of a 50-acre tract. This 11-month project included: obtaining approval of a 54-lot four phase master plan for construction of $600,000 plus homes; assisting the developer at all stages of the approval process including negotiations with Penn DOT for highway access and the USACE regarding wetland encroachment permit; and drafting restrictive covenants.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the region’s largest brownfield development, a 300+ acre mixed-use town center including commercial office space, retail shops, entertainment and dining as well as more than 200 residential lots for single family, carriage homes and townhouses. This ongoing project has included assisting the developer at all stages of the approval, development, construction and financing of the project, including complex environmental issues arising from the conversion of portions of the development from a prior chemical manufacturing facility to an innovative town center development.
- Representation of a nonprofit organization in the acquisition and construction financing of an additional satellite office location.
- Representation of a national real estate company in the acquisition of a regional shopping mall with complex purchase and finance issues.