Houston Harbaugh, one of Pittsburgh’s leading law firms, is pleased to announce the recent additions of 5 employees to its growing litigation and corporate practices: Corey A. Bauer, Emily J. Lane, Jake S. Oresick, Tyler C. Park, and Maura K. Perri.
These new hires further strengthen the firm’s capabilities in, corporate transactions, commercial real estate and business litigation, and the litigation of matters involving intellectual property, products liability, insurance coverage and bad faith, catastrophic personal injury and tort, construction, employment and restrictive covenants, trade secrets and DTSALaw®.
- Corey A. Bauer joins as a Senior Associate in the litigation practice group in the substantive areas of Business Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Cybersecurity and Data Breach Response, Trade Secret and DTSALaw®, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith, and UAS/UAV (drone) litigation and investigations. As a complement to his civil practice, he also maintains a select federal criminal defense and investigations practice. Corey acts as a litigation team lead for the firm in complex trade secret, patent, contract, and tort disputes in state and federal courts. He has first and second chair trial experience, has presented oral arguments before trial and appellate courts, and has taken and defended many depositions.
- Emily J. Lane joins as a Paralegal, supporting Houston Harbaugh’s litigation attorneys in a diverse range of areas. She participates in factual research, complex document and data management and case development, as well as managing electronic (ESI) discovery including assisting with preparing witnesses for testimony and drafting pleadings. Emily has extensive experience in civil litigation, contract review, bankruptcy, employment and labor law, and insurance defense matters.
- Jake S. Oresick joins as an Associate in the litigation and insurance practice groups, focusing his practice in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith, environmental law, intellectual property, and construction. As a part of his insurance practice, Jake has represented insurance companies in matters related to first-party property damage, auto liability/UIM, and employment loss, in addition to providing insurers with coverage opinions during the claims handling process. Jake also has experience representing businesses, government entities, and individuals in a wide array of litigation matters, including cases involving breach of commercial contracts, restrictive covenants and trade secrets, products liability, construction defects, real estate transactions, landlord-tenant disputes, and unemployment compensation.
- Tyler C. Park joins as an Associate in the firm’s litigation, insurance, and intellectual property practice groups. Tyler focuses his practice in the substantive areas of Business Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation, Trade Secret and DTSALaw®, and Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith. Tyler has experience with all stages of litigation. He additionally brings experience drafting corporate transactional agreements such as: stock purchase agreements, employment agreements, business formation documents, and confidentiality/ non-disclosure agreements which further allow him to understand commercial business litigation matters. He is currently working on complex DTSA/Trade Secret and patent infringement litigation and Insurance Coverage matters.
- Maura K. Perri joins as an Associate in the firm’s Business Law Group. Maura concentrates her practice in the areas of general corporate law, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, business planning, and real estate. Her experience includes counseling clients on entity selection and formation and reviewing and drafting various other corporate documents, such as operating agreements, employment agreements, and stock redemption agreements. Maura also has a background in assisting clients with both residential and commercial real estate matters and transactions and has considerable experience drafting residential and commercial leases, drafting sales agreements and deeds, coordinating closings, preparing easements, counseling clients on land use and zoning issues, and representing homeowners and municipal clients in tax assessment appeals.
About Houston Harbaugh, P.C.
Our firm offers individualized solutions and the highest quality, client-driven and cost-effective legal services. Houston Harbaugh, P.C., is a well-known law firm in Pittsburgh, serving Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio. Our diverse practice areas include Business Law, Business Litigation, Estate and Succession Planning, Intellectual Property Litigation and Prosecution, Employment and Labor, Employee Benefits, Oil and Gas, Landowner and Property Dispute Counseling and Litigation, Health Care, Environmental, Real Estate, Construction, Complex Tort and Catastrophic Injury Litigation, Insurance coverage and Bad Faith Law. As one of the 20 largest law firms in Pittsburgh, our lawyers serve clients on a regional and national basis.