Curative Title Litigation
Experience You Need. Results You Want.
Oil and gas development has been occurring in this region for over 150 years. Throughout this time, oil and gas rights have been sold, leased, severed from the surface, and, in some instances, even abandoned. As such, confirming who exactly owns the underlying oil and gas estate can be confusing and challenging. The Oil and Gas Practice Group at Houston Harbaugh has significant experience analyzing and assessing oil and gas ownership. If you believe you may own oil and gas rights, the Oil and Gas Practice Group at Houston Harbaugh can help. We are familiar with title issues that arise from our region’s long history with oil and gas development as well as the steps to address title issues, ranging from evaluating affidavits of heirship, to reopening probate proceedings, quiet title litigation and everything in between. We know oil and gas title. Let our experience work for you.
Related Blog Posts
- Pennsylvania Landowners May Not Own Oil and Gas Rights Under Rivers and Streams 04.2016
- Not All is Quiet on the Quiet Title Front PA Law Weekly | 02.09.15
- Marcellus Shale Gas is Not a Mineral. What Does This Mean for Lease-holders? 04.2013
- Subsurface Trespass – Can They Take the Gas Under My Property Without a Lease? 07.2011
- Adverse Possession – Can Surface Owner Acquire Title to Gas Formations by Mere Passage of Time? 06.2011